Monday, March 7, 2011

TEAM HEARTBREAKERS FIRST TRAINING OF 2011

Had a good training with my team today.

My position now has been decided. I'm a front/mid guy. A position that i really want. being a mid player is a good balance of aggressive front and support back.

We did lots of drills. A breakout drill. Where i learnt that it's actually better to use the hand on the side that you're shooting on. So right side of the field, hold marker in right hand and vice versa. I also learned a defensive breakout. With back-to-back movement to the back centre bunker.

Did an entry to bunker drill which was quite like what BBen taught me the last time i went down for PB.

Also did a bunkering drill. Benguin taught us some cool tricks. Like running low to bunker. and to keep the body squared to the direction of run and only having the marker turn to the side instead of the whole body turn to the side.. to lean forward to run, mroe like controlled falling. so the body is low.

we also did some 1v1 snap shooting drills. those videos i watched that gave tips on snap shooting were really helpful. And it's confirm that i do the thomas taylor/todd martinez/oliver lang style of snapshooting instead of the rollout method by maximus lunqvist. Those tips on to use the entire length of the bunker. coming from above and below to keep the other person guessing and to surprise him was damn good advice. i managed to get cheeyong out.. shooting at him from low..

On a personal note. I should hold the marker barrel up instead of barrel at the target coz the flight trajectory of the paintball is parabolic. So i'd have to point the barrel higher for further..

I also learnt quite alot from Cheeyong. He's one of the most experienced players on my team alongside Kenny and Yazid. So i have been in paintball for quite some time but i have never participated in a tournament before. So yesterday i learnt quite a lot from cheeyong. Basically coz he plays a mid/back position. But Sophie did tell me that cheeyong plays a little too much on the safe side. I'll take that into mind.

Cheeyong taught me about "spraying" everywhere and the importance of communication with my teammates to move up the field.. A far side from playing front where u just go up and the backs just cover u.. In mid. u have to watch ur movement so that, firstly, u won't get urself shot out by the opposite team.. Secondly, to avoid being friendly fired by your own teammates..

really learnt alot yesterday..
looking forward to the next training with my dear team to put our drills to the test..

No comments:

Post a Comment